Nearly 4 million users had their personal data misused by a third party app called myPersonality , Facebook reports on Thursday.
Today we banned myPersonality app that was mainly active prior to 2012 , from facebook for failing to agree to out request to audit adn because it’s clear that they share information with researched as well as companies with only limited protections in place.
He added, “As a result we will notify the roughly 4 million people who chose to share their facebook information with myPersonality app that it may have been misused. given we currently have no evidence that myPersonality accessed any friend’s information, we will not be notifying these people’s facebook friends. should that change we will notify them”
It has since then suspended more than 400 apps due to concerns around the developers who built them or how the information people chose to share with the app may have been used.
The social media platform has also changed several of its policies in the recent past, such as expansion of App Review and that no information will be shared with apps if people have not used them in 90 days.
We will continue to investigate apps and make the changes needed ti our platform to ensure that we are doing all we can to protect people’s information, the blogpost said.
- T20 World Cup 2021: Indian Skipper Virat Kohli says KL Rahul to open with Rohit Sharma
- T20 World Cup: England’s cricketer Liam Livingstone doubtful after Finger Injury
- T20 World Cup OMN vs BAN: Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Dream11 Prediction
- CSK’s opener Ruturaj Gaikwad gets a grand welcome at home
- T20 World Cup: Gautam Gambhir says ‘Hardik Pandya must bowl to get into India’s playing XI’
- IPL 2021: Top 3 performers for KKR in the tournament
- MS Dhoni confirms He will continue to pay for CSK in IPL 2022