Apps with names like Virus Cleaner Antivirus security and which appear to be genuine anti-virus or virus-removal apps have been spotted on Google Play Store. And have seen over a lakh download already, Reported by Quick Heal Security Labs.
These AV apps mimic the functionality of a real AV app and have functions like scan device for viruses. And the main aim of
These apps do not have any AV engine or scan capabilities except a predefined list of Apps marked as malicious or clean.
The fake anti-virus app contains predefined package lists – whiteList.json with few whitelist package names, blackListPackages.json with few blacklist package names and blackListActivities.json with a list of blacklisted activities.
These fake AV Apps don’t have any functionality related to malware scanning or identifying any other security issues. These apps only show a fake virus detection alert to the user and eventually show advertisements, IT Security firm statement.
These applications disguise as security or antivirus in their name and so nothing related to security.
Disclaimer: This story has been edited by KrookNews staff and story Sources from OutlookIndia
- IPL 2021 CSK Playing XI vs MI: Robin Uthappa likely to be opening
- IPL 2021 KKR vs RCB Live: How to watch Live Streaming in India
- IPL: BCCI keen to welcome Lucknow as a new IPL City
- IPL 2021 CSK VS MI: Rohit Sharma vs Shardul Thakur MS Dhoni vs Jasprit Bumrah, Key Battle to watch out for
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play