Apex Legends is finally getting enduring solo mode, if likely not what you were hoping for.
Respawn and EA have revealed that they’ll not only launch Apex for Switch on March 9th alongside a Chaos Theory Collection Event (more on that later), but introduce a “no fill” solo queue option.
Ready to solo every other team on the battlefield—leaving the other two at a disadvantage.
The game’s next Collection Event, is adding a “No Fill” toggle, letting Apex know that you don’t want your squad filled out with strangers. So yeah, play solo if you want.
There are caps on it to avoid skewing matches. You can’t use this solo queuing in ranked play, and no more than six no-fill players are allowed in any one match.
“We still strongly believe that, at its best, Apex Legends is a game about teamplay. But we’re launching this No-Fill matchmaking as an option for solo players because. We think it gives a lot of creative opportunities for you to play the game your way.”
No-fill will be a permanent addition to the game, but Chaos Theory’s other improvements are also quite spicy. A new takeover mode, Ring Fury, supplements the usual closing circle with new “Ring Flares”, regions of ring damage that will slowly grow over the course of a match.
Expect these to only grow more intense as the event goes on—Respawn is using this mode to introduce new “escalation takeovers”, Which means these flares are only going to get hotter as the days go on.
To help cool things down, Apex is also adding new Heat Shields. Deployed like Gibraltar’s dome shield, these bubbles will protect you from ring damage temporarily. While also increasing healing and revive speeds while deployed in the ring.
These will take up space in a new Survival slot in your inventory, letting you snatch up Heat Shields or Respawn Beacons without filling valuable backpack space.
Caustic has also taken over a part of King’s Canyon in the latest Town Takeover, replacing Water Treatment with Caustic Treatment—an evil lair full of toxic science goo that offers great loot for those willing to brave its fumes.
Finally, the Collection Event comes with a slew of new cosmetics to collect, including a new Bangalore Heirloom knife.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg