Light Level is a fundamental mechanic of Minecraft it affects visibility, mob spawning, and plant growth. Light Levels are the specific of light that are emitted by blocks, torches, and the sun.
Players can take advantage of this mechanic to create certain farms and builds.
Light Level is reduced by one level for every block it travels. If players place a Lava block with a light level of 15, the blocks adjacent to it will have a light level of 14. Blocks diagonal from the light source will be reduced by two instead of one.
Best light sources in Minecraft?
- Torch: 14
- Furnace: 13
- Jack O’ Lantern: 15
- Lava: 15
- Fire: 15
- Glowstone: 15
- Soul Campfire: 10
The most common hostile mobs like Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers, Endermen, and Spiders all spawn at light level 8 or lower.
Some blocks also need a certain light level to be able to spawn. Below is a list of blocks that require specific light levels:
- Snow: Forms at light level 10 or lower. Melt at 12 or higher.
- Ice: Forms at light level 9 or lower. Melt at 11 or higher.
- Saplings: Grow at light level 9 or higher.
- Crops: Grow at light level 9 or higher.
- Mushrooms: Spread at light level 12 or lower.
- Dirt: Spreads at light level 9 or higher.
- Salman Khan announces Tiger 3 Release Date on 21st April
- Rishabh Pant Takes a Dig At Urvarshi Rautela: Sad How Some People Are so Thirsty For Fame and Name
- Maine Toh School Bhi Nahi Kiya: Virat Kohli
- Harley-Davidson Nightster Launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh: Check Features & Price
- New Zealand Pacer shock move as the Kiwi star granted release from the contract in a seismic moment
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Leaked!! Check Price, Specifications
- Apple to launch iOS 16 beta 5: Check new features for iPhone