PUBG Mobile India has not been granted any permission by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) — responses given by the ministry in response to two different RTI applications revealed.
PUBG Corporation announced the launch of the India-specific game, PUBG Mobile India, that could bring the game back to the country.
“MeitY does not grant permission for starting of any websites / mobile Apps / service. Accordingly, MeitY has not granted permission to PUBG / PUBG mobile India,” the ministry said in response to the RTI filed by MediaNama. The RTI application was seeking clarity on whether Krafton or its subsidiary PUBG Corporation asked for or received permissions on the re-launch of PUBG Mobile.
In a separate RTI response, the ministry simply stated that no permissions had been given for the launch of PUBG in the country. “MeitY has not given any permission for launch of PUBG,” the ministry said in its response dated December 12.
The RTI responses given by the ministry do not prove any details on whether the India-specific PUBG Mobile, which was teased to “come soon” to the country, will launch with the government’s support.
The MeitY response is that it does not grant permission for starting of any apps — this just means that officially, it would not pre-approve an app.
The company, which also holds the rights for the PC variant of PUBG, is also improving in-game content and establishing a local office with fresh hiring of over 100 employees to address some of the earlier issues.
“In addition to establishing a local office, the company will look to actively collaborate and leverage local businesses to strengthen its gaming service,” the company had said while announcing the launch of PUBG Mobile India.
However, given the responses to the RTI applications, PUBG Corporation may need to take some additional time to bring the new game to the country.
The company is also likely to face issues in releasing the game on Apple App Store and Google Play store, given that it has not yet received a nod from MeitY.
- Pakistan Former WK Batsmen Kamran Akmal Feels- ‘If Umran Malik Was In Pakistan, I Think He Would Have Made It To The National Team’
- Free Fire MAX 2022: Top 6 Looking Emotes
- TATA IPL LSG vs RR Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for Lucknow Super Giants vs Rajasthan Royals Indian Premier League Season 15 Match 63
- IPL CSK vs GT Fantasy Tips, Playing XI, Head to Head Records, Pitch Report, And Dream11 Team
- KKR vs SRH 2022 Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Fantasy Tips for TATA IPL Match 61, 14 MAY 2022
- IPL: A Big Blow for KKR as Pat Cummins Ruled Out of The Tournament Due to Hips Injury
- Free Fire Advance Server OB34 Rolls out new Features – Character, Finn Pet, and More