Google’s Gmail has a new feature to makes easy to switch accounts in Android device. The feature was already available on iOS for a while, All users have to do is swipe up or down on their profile picture in the top right to switch between accounts.
This helps in quickly moving between inboxes, but to load the full account picker interface, you will still need to tap on the left menu and open it up.
Recently, Google also updated its Google Drive app earlier this week and added a similar feature. The same gesture feature was also rolled out to Google Maps.
The switch to switch gesture first appeared in Google Maps. It then made its way to Google Drive and the Google Contacts app. While Drive has a sliding cards animation on switching accounts, Gmail does not have that kind of animation.
Google will be introducing a system-wide dark mode with Android 10. Probably, Gmail interface for Android is expected to get a dark interface soon too. However, right now, the widget and splash screen now match system dark mode but the main interface remains white.
Both the widget and the splash screen have the dark variation to suit the system-wide theme on Android Q, hinting that it is indeed bringing the feature to the stable version soon. For those who have not received the latest Gmail update as of yet, users can now download the APK via APK mirror.
Source: NDTV Gadgets
- T20 World Cup 2021: Indian Skipper Virat Kohli says KL Rahul to open with Rohit Sharma
- T20 World Cup: England’s cricketer Liam Livingstone doubtful after Finger Injury
- T20 World Cup OMN vs BAN: Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Dream11 Prediction
- CSK’s opener Ruturaj Gaikwad gets a grand welcome at home
- T20 World Cup: Gautam Gambhir says ‘Hardik Pandya must bowl to get into India’s playing XI’
- IPL 2021: Top 3 performers for KKR in the tournament
- MS Dhoni confirms He will continue to pay for CSK in IPL 2022