Honda Activa continues to dominate the two-wheeler market in India with 13,93,256 units sold in the first six months of the Financial Year 2019-20. The Two-Wheeler was launched way back in 2001. And ever since the company has managed to sell over 2.20 crore units of the popular scooter in India so far.
According to reports, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India sold 13,93,256 units of Activa in the April-September period of 2019-20. The company claims that Activa sales contribute 14 percent to the total domestic two-wheeler sales in the country and every minute five new Activa scooters are sold.
According to the company, it is the market leader with a 56 percent market share in the scooter segment. Activa’s convenience, unisex appeal coupled with product features has generated these magical figures.
The Honda currently is available in three variants- the standard Activa 5G. Activa Special Edition with 110 cc engine. And Honda Activa 125cc with a new fuel-injection engine which is the company’s first two-wheeler to be ready to meet the Bharat Stage-Vi (BS6) emission regulations which come into effect from April 1, 2020.
The company claims that the company has more than doubled its production plan to meet the overwhelming demand for Activa from all regions.
Honda Activa 5G limited edition was launched for an introductory price of Rs 55,032 (ex-showroom, Delhi). It powered by 109.19 cc, fan-cooled, 4-stroke, SI motor that makes 8bph and 9Mn of peak torque.
Honda Activa 125 BS6 was launched in September 2019 for a starting price of Rs 67,490 (ex-showroom, Delhi). It powered by a 125 cc, PGM-FI HET (Honda Eco Technology) engine having Honda eSP technology. The scooter is available in three variants in the market with standard, Alloy, and Deluxe variants.
- IPL 2021 CSK Playing XI vs MI: Robin Uthappa likely to be opening
- IPL 2021 KKR vs RCB Live: How to watch Live Streaming in India
- IPL: BCCI keen to welcome Lucknow as a new IPL City
- IPL 2021 CSK VS MI: Rohit Sharma vs Shardul Thakur MS Dhoni vs Jasprit Bumrah, Key Battle to watch out for
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play