WhatsApp started testing digital payments in India and UPI is already live for some beta users. Facebook-owned company WhatsApp has rolled out the feature for everyone.
WhatsApp payment service has been collaborating with NPCI and integrated with BHIM. The UPI based WhatsApp Payments service, money is directly credited into the recipient’s bank account.
This feature is available on WhatsApp version 2.18.21 for iOS and version 2.18.41 for Android platform. The payment option uses the UPI interface, which is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India through its payment subsidiary NPCI. As of now, 72 banks are live on UPI.
WhatsApp Payments – how to send money:
Open individual chat
click on the Clip icon and there will be an option “Payments”
If receiver has the latest version and configure bank details.
You can enter the amount followed by a note and tap on the send button.
It will ask you to enter UPI Pin.
The money will be sent and you will get details of transaction via SMS.
WhatsApp Payments – how to receive money:
WhatsApp will send you a message, when someone want to send you money.
You may check the bank details for your confirmation of money received.
Do note that as of now this option is available to few users. Because WhatsApp is still testing the features in the back-end.
How to link your bank account with WhatsApp Payments option:
After you are done verifying your mobile number linked with your bank account, and UPI, you will see a list of all UPI supported banks.
Select bank and app will fetch details and show your bank account number.
How to edit or delete default bank account WhatsApp Payments option:
Simply open WhatsApp, tap on the three dots on top right and tap on Payments.
Tap on add new account and you will see the list of banks.
Select your bank account, and it will fetch details and add the account.
Now set it up as the primary bank account to accept and send money, or you can remove it from here.
Source: click here
- Apple iPhone 14 Accessories That You Use Every Day
- South African Provincial T20 Cup Full Schedule, Squads, Teams, Date & Time
- SHOCKING!! Indian Pacer Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of T20 World Cup Due to Injury
- Moeen Ali Wants to Ban Controversial Run-Out Rule
- KCA President Cup T20: LIO vs PAN Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for KCA Cup 2022
- How to Get The Ornamental Touch Desert Eagle And Warder Captain Bundle in Free Fire MAX
- iOS 16 Users Continue to Face unaddressed Bugs and Battery Drain Problems