Popular cloud service provider Fastly, which offers enterprise-grade infrastructure to some of the most popular websites around the world, faced a server outage earlier today.
This resulted in popular websites such as Twitch, Reddit, GitHub, The New York Times, Lonely Planet, Shazam, The Rolling Stone and more were suddenly not being accessible on the internet.
The Fastly content delivery network (CDN) outage was acknowledged by the company as well, which disclosed at 3:28 pm IST that an investigation was underway.
While the websites were soon back online, netizens wasted no time reacting to the outage in their own ways.
Fastly disclosed later that “the issue has been identified and a fix has been applied. Customers may experience increased origin load as global services return.” While Fastly has not offered further technical details in public, the crash may have been due to misconfiguration in certain servers that are part of the Fastly CDN network.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg