Madurai: The Madurai bench of The Madras High Court issued an interim direction to the central government to prohibit downloading of TikTok App. Madras High court found that inappropriate contents (Like pornography) are available through app like TikTok.
The app is developed by Beijing Bytedance Technology Co, TikTok allows users to create and share short videos with edit. It has very popular in rural area in India. Users can create Jokes, clips footage related to India’s thriving movie industry dominate the platform, along with memes and video.
A division bench of Justice N Kirubakaran and SS Sundar has published direction, in response to a petition seeking a ban of the app, as it encourages disturbing and degrades Indian-culture. The order said the petitioner had highlighted a dangerous issue.
The court observed, TikTok app is mostly played by teenagers and young people and it has proved to be addictive one. There is possibility of children contacting strangers directly and luring them.
Also Read: Xiaomi Redmi Go Price in India
Government of India has to answer whether union of India will enact a statue, like the Children’s online Privacy Protection Act, enact by United State of America to prevent children from becoming victims, the court said.
- TikTok is an app from a Chinese Company Bytedance.
- The apps lets users create and share short videos with attractive effects.
- Around 1.3 billion users , and it is very popular in Rural India.
- As per the reports, Fourth most downloaded non-game app in 2018.
- The app is available more than 150 markets with 75 languages.
- ByteDance (Parent company of TikTok) spent up to $1 billion to purchase musical.ly
For more information- Click here