National Security Agency is deleting more than 685 million call records the government obtained since 2015. From Telecommunication companies in connection with investigation , raising question about the viability of the program. National Security Agency’s bulk agency collection of call records was initially curtailed by Congress after the former NSA contractor Edward Snowden leaked documents revealing extensive government surveillance.
Data would be retained by the telecommunication companies not the National Security Agency, the , enact in June 2015 said. Now National Security Agency (NSA) is deleting all the information it collected from the queries.
Agency saying a statement in late Thursday , it is started deleting the records in May after NSA analyist noted “”Technical irregularities in some data received from telecommunication service providers””.
According to the David Kris (former top national security official at the Justice department) that point to failure of the program.
As they said , have to purge three years’ worth of data going back to 2015. That the data they did collect during that time which they are now purging was not reliable , and was infected with some kind of technical error” , said Kris. Founder of Culper Partners, a consulting firm in Seattle.
NSA Spokesman Christopher Augustine , disagree with the claim that the program and failed. This is the condition in which National Security Agency determined. there was a problem and proactively took all the right steps to fix it.
Agency has reviewd and re-Validated the intelligence reporting to make sure it was based only on call data that had been properly received from the telecommunication providers, he said. Agency said that and declined to assign blame , the “root cause of the problem has since been addressed”.
As this incident shows these companies acted with un- acceptable carelessness and failed to comply with the law when they shared customers sensitive data with the government” as he told on Friday Associated Press in a written statement.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg