The new fee of Rs 5.74 for mobile number portability (MNP) will be effective from September 30, 2019. The telecom is regular that the new cost was computed on the basis of cost
As per the new transaction charge, reduced by almost 70% is aimed to benefits the recipient telecom operators which are currently paying Rs 19 for every new consumer. They acquire to MNP service providers such as Syniverse Technologies and MNP Interconnection Telecom
These charges are based on a cost
Sharma added We have changed the policy of MNP. Initially, it was Unique Porting Code being generated by donor operators. That ha
Telecos though charges consumers Rs 3 to Rs 5 only against SMS for producing porting code. Mobile number portability or MNP is a facility that allows telecom subscribers to switch to another telecom operator without changing their mobile number. The porting charges were reduced to Rs 4 from Rs 19 by telecom regulator in Jan last year.
In July this year, Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Jio has filed a Special Leave Petition in the SC challenging the high court’s verdict that restored the previous porting charges of Rs 19.
In June 2019, a total of 4.34 million porting requests were received by service providers. While the cumulative MNP requests have increased from 437.15 million at the end of May 2019 to 441.49 million at the end of June 2019, since the implementation of MNP.
However, in Feb 2019, TRAI has sought industry comments on the draft amendment regulations, with a deadline of August 23. And added that the opportunity has already been given to stakeholders to provide inputs.
- IPL 2021 CSK Playing XI vs MI: Robin Uthappa likely to be opening
- IPL 2021 KKR vs RCB Live: How to watch Live Streaming in India
- IPL: BCCI keen to welcome Lucknow as a new IPL City
- IPL 2021 CSK VS MI: Rohit Sharma vs Shardul Thakur MS Dhoni vs Jasprit Bumrah, Key Battle to watch out for
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play