Okaya Electric Vehicles has launched a new electric scooter called Faast in India. The “high-speed” scooter was launched at the EV Expo 21 at Greater Noida.
The new electric scooter plans to take on competition like Ola Electric‘s Ola S1, Ather Energy‘s 450X as well as multiple offerings from Hero Electric.
The new Okaya Faast is claimed to provide a driving range ranging from 150km to 200 km, depending on the driving conditions and the driving style.
The electric scooter provides a top speed of up to 70 kmph, according to the company. The e-scooter is powered by a 4.4kW lithium phosphate battery.
In terms of equipment list, it has a few IoT functions along with all LED lights, digital instrument cluster, daytime running lights and combi braking system.
Apart from the new electric scooter, the company also showcased the new e-motorcycle Ferrato. The launch date of the same hasn’t been disclosed yet.
According to the company, the e-bike comes with a 2-kilowatt motor and a 3-kilowatt battery. The Ferrato motorcycle will carry a top speed of 80-90 kmph while having a range of up to 100 km with a single charge.
“Okaya is fully dedicated to realise the vision of making India a 100 percent EV nation. With the launch of our Okaya Faast, we have showcased our renewed commitment towards bringing innovative, low-cost but high-performance e-scooters to accelerate the adoption of EVs in the country,” said Anil Gupta, Managing Director, Okaya Power Group.
“With our exclusive ‘Okaya Faast e-scooters’ we are targeting the massive demand for high-performance EVs in the market in sync with changing preferences of the consumers,” said Anshul Gupta, Director, Okaya Power Private Limited.
The new electric scooter has been priced at Rs 89,999, (prior to any of the state subsidies). For buyers interested in purchasing the scooter, the company is charging a booking amount of Rs 1,999. Through the Okaya website and the dealerships.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives in Qatar in Style Along with Team Portugal
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes engage in an AWKWARD interaction
- Manchester United Didn’t Believe My Daughter Was ill in Hospital When I missed Pre-Reson: Cristiano Ronaldo
- IPL 2023 Retention: KKR is all set to release Pat Cummins
- Free Fire OB37 Update Features: New Zombie Mode, Gun, Pet, and More
- IPL 2023 Retention: MI & CSK Retained and Released players list; MI releases Kieron Pollard, CSK retains Ravindra Jadeja
- Step to Activate 5G on Apple iPhone 12, 13, 14 Series