Taiwan smartphone maker HTC announced that it would slash 1,500 jobs which is nearly quarter of its global workforce, thought Jobs cuts at its manufacturing unit in Taiwan to better manage its resources and battle its declining sales numbers. Announcement of the cuts to its manufacturing workforce comes despite a new deal with Google.
It Indicate that struggling Taiwan mobile phone makers that once sold one in 10 smartphones globally. Its market share decline amid mounting competition from apple, Samsung Electronics Co & Chineses rivals. After firing people from it manufacturing unit in Taiwan. This is representing about a quarter of the 6,450 staff it employed globally as of June.
HTC announced plan to optimizing the manufacturing organization in Taiwan, this will be more flexible resource management going forward as Reuters .
Cuts cam despite the fact the company shipped its best talent, which involed nearly 2,00 employees, to Google in a $1.1 billion deal in Sep last year. Mainly handset engineers, to Alphabet’s google , casting doubt over the Taiwan firm’s longer term in future.
HTC described the cuts ,which will be implemented by the end of Sept as “a decisive step in the realignment of resource across the organization” that will be allow more flexible operations management.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg