Taiwan smartphone maker HTC announced that it would slash 1,500 jobs which is nearly quarter of its global workforce, thought Jobs cuts at its manufacturing unit in Taiwan to better manage its resources and battle its declining sales numbers. Announcement of the cuts to its manufacturing workforce comes despite a new deal with Google.
It Indicate that struggling Taiwan mobile phone makers that once sold one in 10 smartphones globally. Its market share decline amid mounting competition from apple, Samsung Electronics Co & Chineses rivals. After firing people from it manufacturing unit in Taiwan. This is representing about a quarter of the 6,450 staff it employed globally as of June.
HTC announced plan to optimizing the manufacturing organization in Taiwan, this will be more flexible resource management going forward as Reuters .
Cuts cam despite the fact the company shipped its best talent, which involed nearly 2,00 employees, to Google in a $1.1 billion deal in Sep last year. Mainly handset engineers, to Alphabet’s google , casting doubt over the Taiwan firm’s longer term in future.
HTC described the cuts ,which will be implemented by the end of Sept as “a decisive step in the realignment of resource across the organization” that will be allow more flexible operations management.
- Here’s Why SKY is better than Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer at the No 4 Position for T20 World Cup
- Irfan Pathan Picks His Indian Playing XI for T20 World Cup 2022
- Yuvraj Singh Shared Name of His Son in Instagram
- ICC T20I Rankings: Ishan Kishan breaks into top 10 T20I batsmen after sensational performance against Proteas
- What is GTA 5’s Canon Ending? Explained all 3 endings
- Free Fire: List 5 Best Landing Spots in Bermuda Map
- iQOO 10, iQOO 10 Pro to Launch in July