Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) asked people to neither to share publicly their 12-digit Identification on internet and social media nor to pose such challenges to others. UIDAI warning comes days after TRAI chief RS Sharma’s Aadhar dare created a flutter on social media.
UIDAI said in a statement, “Such activities are uncalled for and should be refrained as these are not in accordance with the law”.
Sharing Aadhar number is not allowed in publicly by UIDAI and agency already warned of punishment in case someone does it. RS Sharma doing so on Twitter, many people joined in the bandwagon.
This advisory has come from the UIDAI with the reference to some news items appearing on social media reporting. few persons publicly posting their Aadhar number on social media and posing challenges to others.
The UIDAI said that, in our regular media campaigns we have been consistently making people aware not to display or public or share their Aadhar number in Public domain. We emphasise that people should not share their Aadhar number in Public.
Authotity said in tweets that, unique Aadhar number is personally sensitive information like bank account number, passport number, PAN number, etc. which should be strictly share only on a need basis for legitimate use for establishing identity and for legitimate transactions.
As per the Aadhar Act and Other IT rules, personal information should not share publicly.
As Aadhar card number is a unique identity which can be authenticated to prove one’s Identity for various services, ,benefits and subsidies. UIDAI in its regular media campaigns have been consistently making people aware not to share their Aadhar number in Public domain.
UIDAI Warned that, Authenticating Aadhar “through somebody else’s Aadhar number. or using someone else’s number for any purpose may amount to impersonation and thereby a criminal offence under the Aadhar Act and the IPC”
- T20 World Cup 2021: Indian Skipper Virat Kohli says KL Rahul to open with Rohit Sharma
- T20 World Cup: England’s cricketer Liam Livingstone doubtful after Finger Injury
- T20 World Cup OMN vs BAN: Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Dream11 Prediction
- CSK’s opener Ruturaj Gaikwad gets a grand welcome at home
- T20 World Cup: Gautam Gambhir says ‘Hardik Pandya must bowl to get into India’s playing XI’
- IPL 2021: Top 3 performers for KKR in the tournament
- MS Dhoni confirms He will continue to pay for CSK in IPL 2022