Your phone calls, data, and SMS made from Vodafone Idea network will soon cost you more. Vodafone Idea has revealed a major change to the existing tariff rates, to increase the tariffs from December 1, 2019.
Vodafone Idea customers can expect prices of call and data to increase marginally. As a result, both prepaid and postpaid plans of Vodafone Idea will get costlier. The company said that acute financial stress in the telecom sector has been acknowledged by all stakeholders. And a high-level Committee of Secretaries headed by the Cabinet Secretary is looking into providing appropriate relief.
To ensure that its customers continue to enjoy world-class digital experiences, Vodafone Idea will suitably increase the prices of its tariff effective 1 December 2019.
Vodafone Idea last week reported consolidated loss of Rs 50,921 crore- highest ever loss posted by any Indian corporate- for the second quarter ended September 20. On account of liability out of the Supreme Court order in the adjusted gross revenue case.
The announcement comes at the time when Vodafone is struggling to keep up with its AGR-related dues of Rs 44,200 crore to the government. Analysts have predicted that this due could further rise to place the company’s balance sheet in a more critical position.
The Supreme court last month ruled in favour of the government and directed telecom companies, including Vodafone Idea, to pay dues as demanded by the Department of Telecom.
The company said that now its ability to continue business will depend on reliefs sought from the government and positive outcome of the legal option it has.
(With agency Input)
- Dubai Cricket Council Chairman Keen on Hosting India-Pakistan Bilateral Series
- How to Get Explosive Ammo In GTA 5 Online and Offline
- Top 3 Pets to use in Free Fire Clash Squad Purgatory
- Mohammad Amir Opts Out of Abu Dhabi T10 League
- Rohit Sharma says Virat Kohli’s Role in the team remains the same
- India Playing XI vs New Zealand T20: Venkatesh Iyer set for debut in T20 series
- India vs New Zealand T20: Rahul Dravid Focus on Venkatesh Iyer