Elon Musk overtook Bill Gates to becomes the second-richest person in the world on Monday. As the Tesla co-founder’s net worth soared from $7.2 billion to $127.9 billion.
In 2020, Elon Musk has added $100.3 billion to his net worth, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
According to the report of Fortune, Elon Musk’s wealth ranks have largely been driven by Tesla i.e., about three-quarters. His net worth is mostly comprised of Tesla shares that are valued more than four times his stake in SpaceX.
Bill Gates held the top ranking for years before being overtaken by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos in 2017. Bill Gates’s net worth is $127.7 billion.
Read More | Samsung Galaxy S21 India gets BIS certified
According to the Fortune report, it would have been much higher had he not made donations so prodigiously to charities. Since 2006, Bill Gates has given more than $27 billion to Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Elon Musk and Bill Gates have occasionally engaged in verbal spats. Recently, Elon Musk had ridiculed Bill Gates, saying the latter doesn’t know about electric cars.
While responding to a question on Bill Gates’s “declarations” on electric trucks, Elon Musk said, “He has no clue.”
Way back in February, Bill Gates had said that he was not fond of Tesla cars and that he won’t buy one. To which Elon Musk said, “My conversations with Gates have been underwhelming tbh.”
- Apple iPhone 14 Accessories That You Use Every Day
- South African Provincial T20 Cup Full Schedule, Squads, Teams, Date & Time
- SHOCKING!! Indian Pacer Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of T20 World Cup Due to Injury
- Moeen Ali Wants to Ban Controversial Run-Out Rule
- KCA President Cup T20: LIO vs PAN Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for KCA Cup 2022
- How to Get The Ornamental Touch Desert Eagle And Warder Captain Bundle in Free Fire MAX
- iOS 16 Users Continue to Face unaddressed Bugs and Battery Drain Problems