At least 20 people have been killed in landslides due to heavy rain across Kerala early on Thursday, reported by news agency ANI.
Many district of Kerala affected due to heavy rain in Idukki, Malappuram, Kannur, Wayanad and Kozhikode.
Kochi airport has cancelled all arrivals indefinitely , water level in the periyar river close to it are expected to rise, after the Idukki dam released water at 12:30 as part of trial run, sluices of the dam are expected to remain open till 4:30 PM.
Condition is still worse, if water level will rise to the red alert mark even after the trail run, all the sluices might be open to release water. This will happen in the next 24 hours. And if that comes to pass , water levels in the Periyar could rise even further.
Idukki dam last time open in 1992 , when many low-laying areas near the Periyar’s banks were flooded . keeping that in mind the district administration has now evacuated residents from these area.
CM Piarayi VIjayan told that situation was critical, he said his government had shoght suppor of the Army, Navy and NDRF.
3 teams of NDRF reached various district , two are on their way and we have called in an additional six month as well. The sluices of 22 dams opened in state and further open , this is an unprecedented condition , VIjayan Said.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg