The Cochin International Airport has been shut down till Saturday after flood water submerged the runway. Earlier Wednesday morning, the airport suspended all flight operations till 2 PM and diverted many flights to
Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode as rain contitued to lash different parts of the state.
It has been raining heavily in several parts of the state since Tuesday evening . the authorites were forced to open 33 dams across Kerala.
Those reported dead on Wednesday were acouple in Malappuram who were crushed after their house crumbled their six-year old child is missing.
And a person died in a Munnar lodge as it crashed , A 70 year old woman in Ranni near Pathanamthitta was electrocuted as her house was submerged. The Idukki dam floodgates were reopened late on Tuesday as the water level in the periyar river and its tributaries flowing through Ernakulam and Thrissur district rose menacingly.
Operations suspended Cochin International Airport till 1400 hrs, due to flood level in and around Airport, an airport spokesperson said.
CIAL , decided to suspended the arrival operations at 4 AM to 7 AM today as a precaution measure , took the decision to shut the airport till the afternoon reviewing.
Authorities are trying to maintaining a close vigil especially in Idukki district as the shutters of the Mullaperiyar dam were also opened at 2.35 AM after its water level crossed 140 feet.
People living in and around the dam were evacuated late on Tuesday, leaves of all revenuer department official s have been cancels , authorities.
Rains which started on August 8 are said to have caused the worst damage to Kerala since 1924, over 50,000 people are relief camps and the damages to crops and properties is estimated to be over Rs 8,000 crore.
A spokesperson, It is the worst calamity after the 1924 deluge. At the least 443 village in the state were declared flood hit. Initial loss is pegged at Rs 8,316 crore and the amount will go up once we get a clear picture, Chief minister Pinarayni said on Tuesday after a cabinet meeting where it was also decided to set up a cabinet sub committee to oversee relief operations.
- Free Fire OB35 Advance Server: Starts Date & Time, Activation Code, and More
- List Cricketer Made T20I Debuts for India but Yet are to Play a Match in 2022
- PUBG revealed Deston Map officially: All You Need to Know
- Here’s Why SKY is better than Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer at the No 4 Position for T20 World Cup
- Irfan Pathan Picks His Indian Playing XI for T20 World Cup 2022
- Yuvraj Singh Shared Name of His Son in Instagram
- ICC T20I Rankings: Ishan Kishan breaks into top 10 T20I batsmen after sensational performance against Proteas