A Gas leaked at steel factory in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh has resulted in the death of least 6 workers on Thursday. While five other workers were injured, mishap took place at a steel factory Gerdau, Located at Tadipatri, Brazilian based company. Six workers died in a poisonous gas leak at private steel mill rolling unit.
The mishap occurred while testing was being done after maintenance work in the unit, District Superintendent of Police G Ashok Kumar said PTI over call. As the information , two workers dies on the spot and four others in hospital.
Carbon mono oxide is the main gas used for reheating process and its leak caused the mishap , as SP said. Andhra Pradesh deputy chief minister (Home) N China Rajappa expression grief over the death, PTI reported.
There was not clear information about injuries to other workers , he said. Addins rescue operation was being carried out. The Steel mill, located at Tadipatri belongs to Brazilian frim Gerdau , a leading producer of long steel in the American sub-continent.
A report by India Today said that five had been injured and had been rushed to a local hospital. The mishap took place at a steel mill, belonging to a Brazilian firm Gerdau.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg