The UIDAI said that “vested interests tried to misuse Google’s inadvertent act for fear-mongering against Aadhar” and said that helpline number can not steal data.
Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI) has said that the agency’s old contact number was added on smartphones by Google inadvertently along with police and fire number 112.
Google clarified about the same, saying the number was added in 2014 and has since been continuing through sync mechanism.
The search engine giant expressed regret over the same and has assured that the “inadvertent error” will be fixed in their next release . it further that the users, on their discretion , can delete the number, according to the UIDAI.
Authority asked the users to not panic and delete the old helpline from their phones and update it with the new number-1947, in a series of tweets.
UIDAI said that, it must be clearly understand that no harm can be caused by merely having a helpline number that , too, an outdated.
Also added “Rumours about Aadhar database being breached are completely false and baseless and are rejected with all the condemnation that they deserve”
They should not waste their time for circulating such false and baseless rumours on WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook etc it said.
Google on August 3 admitted that number 18003001947 was added by it inadvertently along with police and fire number 112 in 2014 and has since been continuing through sync mechanism.
UIDAI , hoped that Google will look into the issue and make sure that it does not happen in future. UIDAI expects that Google, a large digital platform provider , will look into this issue which caused confusion in the minds of people against India’s credible identity system and will be exercise due care so that sucj things are not repeated in future,
Aadhar has empowered 121 crore people of India with a credible and secure identity which can be freely used anywhere , anytime and online. People can able to know their entitlement directly into their bank accounts without any middlemen.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg