Andre Russel has not yet the best times in the IPL 2021 edition. He got a hamstring injury during the match between KKR and CSK in Abu Dhabi.
As a replacement after KKR opted for the likes of Tim Southee and Tim Seifert, after which they roped in Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan.
In the meantime, Russell is all set to make his comeback after the injury layoff. He posted a video on Instagram to send in a strong message.
“No, if he doesn’t bowl, he doesn’t come in. What wrong has Shakib done? For me, if Russell is fit and he’s willing to do deliver in both the departments, batting and bowling, I’d pick him. But if he says that he can only bat and can’t bowl, then I’d probably go with Shakib because you need the sixth bowling option against a batting lineup like RCB,” Gambhir told ESPNcricinfo.
In IPL 2021, Russell has scored only 183 runs from 10 matches at an average of 26.14 and a strike rate of 152.50.
His top score of a half-century came against the Chennai Super Kings at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
With the ball in hand, Russell has accounted for 11 wickets at an economy rate of 9.89. On Thursday, KKR beat the Rajasthan Royals by 86 runs at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.
- Ashes 2021: England Pacer James Anderson ruled out of 1st Test
- How to Make a Happy Snowman in Minecraft: Complete Guide
- Call of Duty Mobile: First Female Legendary Operator and Legendary Crossbow Announced
- Free Fire New Weapon Royale: How to Get the Ice Bones Treatment Sniper Skin
- Dubai Cricket Council Chairman Keen on Hosting India-Pakistan Bilateral Series
- How to Get Explosive Ammo In GTA 5 Online and Offline
- Top 3 Pets to use in Free Fire Clash Squad Purgatory