According to Sportskeeda, the Ahmedabad-based new Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise has beaten the Lucknow-based franchise in the race to sign top cricketers who decided not to be retained by their franchises and has sent an IPL contract to Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan.
Meanwhile, the two newly-added teams have been trying to rope in the Afghanistan spinner for quite some time now.
As per Sportskeeda, Ahmedabad closed in on signing Rashid Khan soon after the BCCI granted the Letter of Intent (LoI) to the CVIC-owned franchise.
The RPSG-owned Lucknow franchise was eager to sign on the world’s leading T20 bowler Rashid Khan. And even the CVC Capital-owned Lucknow franchise wanted the Afghani leg-spinner in their squad for the upcoming IPL 2022.
The two newcomers have been trying to get hold of Rashid and have been negotiating with him for weeks.
The development comes close on the heels of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Monday (January 10) agreeing to issue the Letter of Intent to Ahmedabad.
Though the coaching staff hasn’t been fixed yet. It is learnt that the CVC group has already reached out to Ashish Nehra, Gary Kirsten and Vikram Solanki for the roles of head coach, mentor, and director of cricket cum batting coach respectively.
- iOS 16.3 Update Features like Apple ID security keys, HomePod Support & More
- Oppo Reno 8T launched in India: Check Full Details
- PUBG Mobile Honey Badger: Full Guide & Tips for Pro players
- Leaked!! iPhone 15 Series Price Leaked- Reports
- Redmi Note 12 5G Launched at Price Rs 16,499: Check Specifications
- PUBG Mobile 2.4 Update: Feature, Rewards, Release Date, and More
- Rishabh Pant Health: Pant RULED OUT of India vs Australia Test & IPL 2023