SRH’s opener David Warner was axed from the SRH playing XI on Monday. He was left out of the fixture against Rajasthan Royals to make way for Jason Roy.
He poor with bat and score just 0 and 2 in the first two matches in UAE. SRH decided to opt for debutant Jason Roy who pounced on the opportunity.
SRH Head coach Trevor Bayliss shed light on Warner’s absence from the ground. He said SRH can’t make the finals so the decision to leave David Warner at hotel was taken to allow young players to experience not just the matches but time at the ground and around the setup.
“We’ve got a lot of young players here. For this match, we decided to make a few changes in the team but to give some of the young players a chance who haven’t been a part of 18. Give them an opportunity to experience the game to the players who stayed at the hotel and didn’t even get a chance to come to the ground. We want to give these young guys as many as experience as we can. For this game, David Warner, Kedar Jadhav and Nadeem stayed at the hotel,” Bayliss told reporters.
“That (Warner’s future at SRH) certainly hasn’t been discussed. This is the last year before a major final. Those decisions will be made further down the line. He’s been a great contributor to Sunrisers Hyderabad for a number of years now and he’s been very well respected and with the number of runs he’s scored, he has a lot more runs left in him in the IPL,” he added.
Here’s how social media users reacted:
“With him dropped for today, reckon that’s that. Doubt we’ll ever see David Warner in a Sunrisers Hyderabad jersey again,” a user tweeted.
Another user wrote, “Betrayal, Injustice done by SRH to Warner. They forgot what he done for them in the past.”
- Dubai Cricket Council Chairman Keen on Hosting India-Pakistan Bilateral Series
- How to Get Explosive Ammo In GTA 5 Online and Offline
- Top 3 Pets to use in Free Fire Clash Squad Purgatory
- Mohammad Amir Opts Out of Abu Dhabi T10 League
- Rohit Sharma says Virat Kohli’s Role in the team remains the same
- India Playing XI vs New Zealand T20: Venkatesh Iyer set for debut in T20 series
- India vs New Zealand T20: Rahul Dravid Focus on Venkatesh Iyer