KKR’s Venkatesh Iyer opens up on comparison with Hardik Pandya: Young all-rounder Venkatesh Iyer has opened up his comparison with Hardik Pandya.
27-year-old said a huge admire of Hardik, and the comparison does not need to him as a cricketer.
He grabbed attention on his franchise KKR in the previous season of the IPL. Iyer scored 370 runs sitting an impressive average of 41.11 with 128.47 strike rate.
He also picked up three wickets in four innings. As a result, Iyer was called up for the national side, where he debuted in the T20I series against New Zealand in November 2021.
So far, the Indore-born cricketer has played nine T20I games in which he has scored 133 runs at a brilliant strike rate of 162.2 and has also taken five wickets.
“As a cricketer, I have huge respect for Hardik bhai for what he has done for India. It is unbelievable. I am a huge admirer of Hardik bhai. These comparisons are very natural, but I pay no heed to them,” said Iyer in an interview with Times of India.
Not to mention, after Iyer’s recent all-round heroics. Indian captain Rohit Sharma had heaped praises, stating that he wants to groom the southpaw for No. 6 position.
When asked for his thoughts on this, Iyer said he is very flexible and ready to bat at any position.
“Yes, absolutely. I am ready for any position and situation. As a professional cricketer, I have always maintained that I need to be very flexible. We have to understand that we are entering a team where there is cut-throat competition and that too for every role and for every player,” added Iyer.
- Apple’s Second-Gen HomePod launched in India: Specifications, Features, & Price
- iOS 16.3 Update Features like Apple ID security keys, HomePod Support & More
- Oppo Reno 8T launched in India: Check Full Details
- PUBG Mobile Honey Badger: Full Guide & Tips for Pro players
- Leaked!! iPhone 15 Series Price Leaked- Reports
- Redmi Note 12 5G Launched at Price Rs 16,499: Check Specifications
- PUBG Mobile 2.4 Update: Feature, Rewards, Release Date, and More