Mohammad Rizwan Crosses 2000 T20 Runs in 2021; Pakistani wicket-keeper batsman Mohammad Rizwan makes history lines during the third T20I against West Indies in Karachi.
The opener becomes the first-ever player to score 2000 T20 run in a single calendar year.
He achieved the feat in Pakistan’s last T20I game this year. Having played an important hand in helping his side reach the semifinals in this year’s T20 World Cup.
Rizwan carried over his form into the 3-match T20I series against the visiting West Indies contingent.
He scored 78 in the first T20I, 38 in the second T20I, and finally 86 in the third T20I to breach the 2k-landmark.
No other batsman has been able to do it in the shortest format. This puts into perspective the incredible year Rizwan has had, consistently putting up scores at the top of the order.
“I am absolutely honored and excited to be a part of the historic Sussex County Cricket Club for the 2022 season. I have always heard great things about the Sussex community and this family club was always close to my heart.”
“In my heart, I know our young team has the potential to beat any team. Our strength lies in our hard work, honesty, deep commitment, and self-belief: we can win, we will win, and we will play like champions, no matter what! Inshallah, I look forward to a great season,” Rizwan said.
Rizwan has scored 11 fifties and a century in T20Is. Pakistan will be hoping the opener can continue his incredible form heading into the next year.
- Salman Khan announces Tiger 3 Release Date on 21st April
- Rishabh Pant Takes a Dig At Urvarshi Rautela: Sad How Some People Are so Thirsty For Fame and Name
- Maine Toh School Bhi Nahi Kiya: Virat Kohli
- Harley-Davidson Nightster Launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh: Check Features & Price
- New Zealand Pacer shock move as the Kiwi star granted release from the contract in a seismic moment
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Leaked!! Check Price, Specifications
- Apple to launch iOS 16 beta 5: Check new features for iPhone