T20 World Cup 2021: As per the information, New Zealand opener Martin Guptill will not play against India on Sunday. The opener’s selection remains in doubt after he endure pain last night in the match against Pakistan in Sharjah.
Martin Guptill scored 17 runs from 20 balls and suffered a mighty blow on his toe off Haris Rauf’s bowling before he was dismissed by the same bowler in the final over of Powerplay.
New Zewland’s head coach Gary Stead said that the Guptill was left in discomfort after the game.
The player’s condition will be examined in the next two days before the team can confirm his availability against India.
“We’ll see how he scrubs up overnight. He looked in a little bit of discomfort at the end of the game and it might take 24 to 48 hours to see how he goes,” Stead said in a virtual press conference.
“We tried pretty hard today to get across the line with the ICC our replacement player, but it wasn’t to be. That was really disappointing for us because Adam Milne is someone who’s waiting in the wings as a like-for-like replacement. We’ll seek clarification on that decision of theirs,” Stead said.
Adam Milne was named his replacement in the main squad but could not play against Pakistan as International Cricket Council (ICC) did not approve his selection at that time.
- Dubai Cricket Council Chairman Keen on Hosting India-Pakistan Bilateral Series
- How to Get Explosive Ammo In GTA 5 Online and Offline
- Top 3 Pets to use in Free Fire Clash Squad Purgatory
- Mohammad Amir Opts Out of Abu Dhabi T10 League
- Rohit Sharma says Virat Kohli’s Role in the team remains the same
- India Playing XI vs New Zealand T20: Venkatesh Iyer set for debut in T20 series
- India vs New Zealand T20: Rahul Dravid Focus on Venkatesh Iyer