Angelique Kerber win the maiden Wimbledon against seven time champion Serena Williams 6-3, 6-3 in the final on Saturday to claim her maiden Wimbledon title. After Steffi Graff in 1996, Angelique Kerber has become the first German woman’s champion at Wimbledon in 22 years. Its just dream come true , said after beating Serena Williams.
The 11th seed took advantage of an error-strewn performance by the 7 times champion to become the first German Woman to win the title. American’s Serena Williams Playing in only her fourth tournament since becoming a mother last September.
36th years old , unbeaten at the all England Club since 2014, had began to look unstoppable during the fortnight and had dropped only one set in reaching her 10th Wimbledon final.
Williams defeated Angelique Kerber last time the pair met, in the 2016 title clash and the German 11th seed was out for revenge. Williams , playing in only her fourth tournament since returning to the tour after having a baby, stopped the rot of five games in a row for Angelique Kerber to make it 1-1 in the second as she looked to ramp thing up.
Serena Williams said, it was amazing tournament for me, after making the final in just her fourth tournament of her comeback. I was really happy to get this far, its obviously disappointing but I cant be disappoint, I have so much to look forward.
Williams dropped serve three times in the opening set and although she tried to fire herself up in the second she played a loose game at 2-3 and Angelique Kerber broke with running pass.
Angelique Kerber looked nervous as Williams got back it to 30-30 but she claimed victory when Williams netted, tumbling to dusty baseline in relief before being warmly embraced by her opponent.
- Free Fire OB35 Advance Server: Starts Date & Time, Activation Code, and More
- List Cricketer Made T20I Debuts for India but Yet are to Play a Match in 2022
- PUBG revealed Deston Map officially: All You Need to Know
- Here’s Why SKY is better than Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer at the No 4 Position for T20 World Cup
- Irfan Pathan Picks His Indian Playing XI for T20 World Cup 2022
- Yuvraj Singh Shared Name of His Son in Instagram
- ICC T20I Rankings: Ishan Kishan breaks into top 10 T20I batsmen after sensational performance against Proteas