The Unique Identification Authority of India has revealed that currently, Aadhaar act does not use like linking with
Supreme Court decided to hear a plea from the Facebook demanding the transfer of four public interest litigations regarding social media linking.
UIDAI statement comes after the ministry of electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) had written to the UIDAI seeking its view after the Supreme Court had urged the central government to state its opinion on the matter last month.
In the response of MeitY, UIDAI said that Aadhaar Act only allowed the identity document’s use in the scheme and subsides founded out of the Consolidated Fund of India.
This came after the top court agreed to hear a plea by social media company Facebook seeking the tran
According to Economic Times, UIDAI responded to say that the government will need a new law if social media has to be linked to Aadhaar. When asked whether it was technically feasible to link social media accounts with the unique identity number, It would depend on the implementation agency.
UIDAI has reiterated several times that it is blind to the usage of th
Earlier, Facebook and WhatsApp had strongly objected to Aadhaar linking, claiming it would affect the
- IPL 2021 CSK Playing XI vs MI: Robin Uthappa likely to be opening
- IPL 2021 KKR vs RCB Live: How to watch Live Streaming in India
- IPL: BCCI keen to welcome Lucknow as a new IPL City
- IPL 2021 CSK VS MI: Rohit Sharma vs Shardul Thakur MS Dhoni vs Jasprit Bumrah, Key Battle to watch out for
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play