Twitter remove access to application programme interface (APIs) needed to power push notification and an auto-refreshing timeline, Twitter posted on Thursday.
In its to deliver better experienced for its users, Twitter has removed support for some outdated but key developer tools in third party apps.
“We have chosen to stop investing in other products a” including two legacy developer tools used by about 1 per cent of third party developers. It means that some Twitter like apps will not be able to function the exact same way as before, Rob Johnson said at Twitter.
These changes will effect in third party apps like Tweetbot, Twitterrific, Talon and Tweetings.
Instead of tweets automatically streaming in like they once did in some third party apps, users will now need to pull to refresh like they do in Twitter owned apps and sites.
He added, “We have removed support fort Twitter for Apple Watch, Twitter for Mac, Twitter for Windows app with our progressive Web App, and now we are removing support for some outdated developer tools”
Unlike Facebook, which for year has controlled nearly all of its own usage thought self-developed apps and web interface, Twitter has many users accessing the service through third party mobile and desktop apps.
For $5 to $10 per app, developers have offered interface that are more streamline and less manipulated that Twitter’s plus features.
Less publicly , Twitter has struggled while adjusting policies to address underage users, floods of malicious apps, and internal infrastructure issuer.
Earlier this year, Twitter had been removed support for Twitter for Apple Watch and Twitter for Mac and also introduced its progressive Web App (PWA) on Windows 10 to bring users a better , faster and improved experienced.
- IPL 2021 CSK Playing XI vs MI: Robin Uthappa likely to be opening
- IPL 2021 KKR vs RCB Live: How to watch Live Streaming in India
- IPL: BCCI keen to welcome Lucknow as a new IPL City
- IPL 2021 CSK VS MI: Rohit Sharma vs Shardul Thakur MS Dhoni vs Jasprit Bumrah, Key Battle to watch out for
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play