WhatsApp is ending support for certain operating system, which means after some time, the service will not work on some devices.
The change won’t affect a vast of users but could disrupt the WhatsApp experience of those who have not updated their phones.
The facebook own instant messaging company has revealed that WhastApp support would end for certain OS post 31 Dec. In 2017, WhatsApp support for Windows Phones 8.0, Blackberry OS and BlackBerry 10 was ended.
Company will be withdraw support for Nokia S40 series phones in 2019. And some older version of Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread smartphone and iPhones running iOS in 2020.
The company also said that, this decision was taken as it won’t be developing features for these platform in future. WhatsApp added that it wants to focus on mobile platforms that will used by majority users for next seven years.
Company added, We are looking to focus our efforts on the mobile platforms that a vast majority of people use. These phones do not offer the kind of capabilities WhatsApp needs to expand its features in the future.
Some old iPhones runing iOS7 and older version will not be able to run WhatsApp. Apple had provided update to most devices with iOS to higher version. Still want to use it, you will be required to update your phone in order to continue using WhatsApp.
You can opt for feature phone like JioPhone, Jiophone 2 and Nokia 8110 4G as they provided support for WhatsApp on KaiOS
- Apple’s Second-Gen HomePod launched in India: Specifications, Features, & Price
- iOS 16.3 Update Features like Apple ID security keys, HomePod Support & More
- Oppo Reno 8T launched in India: Check Full Details
- PUBG Mobile Honey Badger: Full Guide & Tips for Pro players
- Leaked!! iPhone 15 Series Price Leaked- Reports
- Redmi Note 12 5G Launched at Price Rs 16,499: Check Specifications
- PUBG Mobile 2.4 Update: Feature, Rewards, Release Date, and More